fudge brownies with peanut butter oreos
Yes, once in awhile, something comes over me and I have to bake something creative from an original recipe. In this case, it’s the original fudge brownie recipe. And I decided to crush Peanut Butter Oreo cookies on top.
Simple and delicious.
FUDGE BROWNIES WITH PB OREO COOKIES
- 1 cup butter
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups crushed Peanut Butter Oreo Cookies (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×9 inch baking pan.
- In 3-quart saucepan over very low heat, melt butter or margarine and chocolate, stirring the mixture constantly. Remove from heat, and stir the sugar into the chocolate. Allow the mixture to cool slightly. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour and salt; stir into the chocolate mixture. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Top the brownies with crushed cookies.
- Bake in oven 25 to 30 minutes. Brownies are done when toothpick inserted into center come out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.